Weekly Adoption Process Update
Adoption process…. right now its all about collecting info to be used for home study application. Our caseworker would like everything ready to be given to her ASAP from the time we apply, so I am mocking up a master list of the to-do’s and working on getting things scheduled.
The list looks like this for the HOME STUDY alone (dossier prep is different):
- Adoption application / contract
- State of Idaho background checks
- Matt Walsh background checks
- Adults Medical exams & forms filled out
- Kids Medical exams & forms filled out
- Guardianship back-up plan form
- Financial statements (match the dossier)
- 2nd Medical forms (match the dossier)
- FIVE personal references
- IRS 1040 (separate from the financial form)
- Marriage certificate
- Birth Certificates
- Hague compliant training proof
- Biography of each adopting parent
I will check-off the items that are completed in the weekly updates.
I’m currently organizing our personal/business financial information to get personal taxes prepared. Our business taxes got postponed because Sandy was leaving the company & moving, but we did get the finalization from our business tax accountant this week and everything is finally completed so now we can continue on to do our personal taxes. Once we get this done that is one thing that we can check-off the social workers list.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.